In true Letterman style, let's start with number 10:
10. Anything with the words CURE, POSITIVE, or ATTITUDE, or BRAVE.
9. "You look GREAT!" (...is it the surprise in their voices, or ignorance to the effects of cosmetics?)
8. "Being overweight caused your cancer." (Okay, no one has said this to my face, but I've read it plenty enough times!)
7. "Oh, you're on chemo?" (...while looking suspiciously at my hair.)
6. "You should eat ____, and stop eating ____." (cure implied)
5. "Oh, this (obscure) doctor (of whom no one has ever heard or written) has a CURE and you just have to follow his protocol and buy his $400 machine! You should check out his website!" (...please never speak to me again.)
3 & 4. "You're not still dealing with cancer are you? When does your treatment end?" (special zingers for those with metastatic cancer)
2. "Cancer is a Gift" (...well I hope someone saved the receipt!) Thank you, Nancy, for writing this.
And the #1 most annoying thing I absolutely hate being told...
1. "Any of us could go at any time." (cousin to the Hit by a Bus scenario. and the topic of the rant that's been swirling in my head for weeks, the segue to which is the real purpose of this list.)
So what do you hate hearing about your cancer?