Wednesday, January 13, 2010

From a song...touched me...

"And I know it aches and your heart it breaks, you can only take so much...Walk on..." by U2. A friend posted it on his FB site. Maybe they already use it in conjunction with breast cancer walks and stuff, but I'd never heard it before, and I really relate...and try to take it to heart...Walk On...It's on my play list now...give it a listen.

Our high school's motto was " Carry On", spoken years ago by a student/football player who passed away in HS. It's what he told everyone before he died and it became the school motto. I'm probably telling the story wrong, but it applies today more than it did back then for "school spirit" and football.

1 comment:

by...K@ Ashcroft said...

That is a good motto.Both of them. And you told the story correctly. How could you not? We heard it each year at the beginning welcome assembly! That is one thing I absolutely love about that school. Tradition.

Hope you are doing well!